Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Love Songs

(Show Your Love- Jars of Clay)
“I’m gunna show you love in every language
I’m gunna speak the words that need no form
I’m gunna give you what you never had before”

Got speaks his love to me in so many languages. In friends, in things I do, like jogging, playing soccer, and playing music. He speaks to me in an unknown language that I can’t comprehend, but I can understand: that I can’t touch, but I can feel. It’s the greatest thing in the world: Your LOVE Lord. It’s so overwhelming. I love it, I love it, I love it!!! It’s kind of like having a great super star, who’s not only right by you, but he actually likes hanging out with you and he considers YOU his best friend. Yeah.. It’s a lot like that…except it’s not just a superstar, its God. Do we even really realize who that is: the CREATOR of the universe, the one who controls all the world and every little thing that happens; the one who dazzles us with his beauty and who created ME. THAT’S the superstar who is by me. When I get close to him, I feel so good. I could just stand next to him forever without him saying a word, but he’s not like that. He loves to talk to me, to tell me that HE…. LOVES…..ME. It’s so incredible.

(Befriended-Matt Redman)
“Befriended by the king above all kings
Surrendered to the friend above all friends.”

It really should be the other way around, shouldn’t it? Think about it… the king above all kinds befriending us? We should surrender to this king above all kings, not be befriended by him. …And surrendering to the best friend in the world? It’s seems all mixed up, but it’s so perfect. I love surrendering to Jesus--my best friend--, and I love that the king of the world befriends me.

(Your Love-Darrel Evans)
“Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, oh intimate”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sky Guy .. it is very cool that you're learning the art of wallowing in His love. Yeah ... love, Joy